Roasted pear and bergamot lemon jelly
To celebrate the Bergamote colour in our collection, Marina @woodmoodfood has cooked up a recipe based on bergamot:
a roasted pear and bergamot lemon jelly.
INGREDIENTS (FOR 2 SERVINGS)
- 1 to 2 pears cut in 2
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- juice of 2 bergamot lemons
- the zests
- 4gr agar agar
- 30cl of water
- 60gr brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees..
2. Cut the pear in half, rub it with half a bergamot lemon, then place in a baking dish. Spread the honey on the pears and bake for about 20 minutes. The pears should become slightly brown and meltingly soft.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the jelly: mix the juice of the two bergamot lemons, add the zests, the brown sugar, the agar agar and 30cl of water. Boil the mixture and serve immediately in a bowl. As it cools, the agar agar will set the mixture.
4. Add the roasted pears and some sprinkles of meringue.
For a pretty presentation: don't hesitate to add aromatic herbs in the still liquid jelly, the result will be even prettier once everything is set. And of course, don't forget the Marcel Bergamote tea towel to top it all off!
Discover all our gourmet recipes!