Rhubarb grilled cheese
@mathilde_besly has concocted THE perfect recipe for your next picnic, on the beach or in the forest: the grill cheese sandwich
INGREDIENTS (FOR 1 SANDWICH)
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread
- 1 branch of rhubarb
- 50g brie cheese
- 10g butter
- 10g cheese spread
- 1 level table spoon of sugar
- 4-5 basil leaves
1. Wash and cut the rhubarb into pieces. The pieces should be the same size as the bread slices.
2.In a frying pan, fry the rhubarb with the butter over low heat for about 5 minutes. Then add the sugar and cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat. Your rhubarb shoud caramelise slightly and the tip of a knife should go in easily.
3. Spread the cheese on one slice of bread, and place the Brie in pieces on the other slice of bread. Add the cooked rhubarb and the basil leaves.
4. Close the sandwich and fry for 3 minutes on each side.
Discover all our gourmet recipes!