INGREDIENTS (FOR 3/4 SERVINGS)
30g arborio rice
350g semi-skimmed or whole milk
300g sugar-free coconut milk
40g caster sugar
1 bag of vanilla sugar
1 vanilla pod
1 good pinch of fleur de sel
15g white chocolate 35% (e.g. 4 Valrhona Ivory chocolate tablets)
1. Heat a pan of water.
When the water boils, pour in the rice for 1 minute and then drain. The aim is to "crack" the rice and release its starch, which makes the rice pudding creamy.
2. Put the milk, coconut milk and vanilla sugar in a saucepan.
3. Cut a vanilla pod in half lengthwise, remove the seeds. Add the vanilla beans, the halved pod and the drained rice to the pan of milk. Place over medium heat until boiling.
4. Lower the heat to low (very low boil) and leave for 20 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent the rice from sticking.
5. After 20 minutes, taste your rice pudding. It should be cooked, soft, but still have some texture and chewiness. Remove from the heat and add a pinch of fleur de sel.
6. Optional: Add the white chocolate at this point. The white chocolate will give the mixture a binder and creaminess. But beware of commercial white chocolate which is very sweet.
7. Keep your rice pudding cold.
8. Serve in bowls decorated with fresh, seasonal fruit, chia seeds or any other toppings you like!
Discover all our gourmet recipes!