INGREDIENTS (FOR 6 SERVINGS)
FOR THE RICE PUDDING:
- 1L hazelnut milk
- 100g round rice
- 40g sugar
- 2-3 spoons heavy cream (optional)
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3 tablespoons hazelnuts
FOR THE CARAMEL:
- 250g sugar
- 50g water + 100g water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or white vinegar)
START WITH THE CARAMEL
1. Put the sugar, 50g of water and the lemon juice in a large, high pan.
2. Bring to the boil and then allow the caramel to form over medium heat. At the same time, heat the 100 ml of water.
3. When the caramel is ready, remove from the heat and stop cooking by adding the remaining water. Return to the heat and bring to the boil again, stirring. Keep boiling for 1 minute.
4. Cool and pour into a jar for storage. It will become more syrupy as it cools. It will keep for weeks in the refrigerator.
RICE PUDDING WITH HAZELNUTS
1. Cut a vanilla bean in half and remove the seeds.
2. Place the hazelnut milk, sugar and vanilla in a large saucepan.
3. Bring to the boil. Add the rice, lower the heat (you need to keep it very low) and cook for about 40 minutes, stirring from time to time. Allow to cool.
4. For a creamy rice pudding, add a few spoonfuls of double cream and stir.
5. Pour 1cm of caramel into the bottom of 6 small glasses. Then carefully pour in the rice pudding. Keep in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours.
6. Coarsely crush the hazelnuts with a knife. Just before serving, add the hazelnuts and a drizzle of caramel on top.
Discover all our gourmet recipes