INGREDIENTS (FOR 6 SERVINGS)
FOR THE MERINGUE:
- 3 egg whites
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM:
- 10cl whipping cream
- 80g mascarpone
- 3 tablespoons of pistachio paste
- circ. 20 cherries
- a few pistachios
1. Preheat the oven to 100°C.
2. Beat the egg whites and salt in a food processor, increasing the speed as you go. When the whites start to rise, add 2 tablespoons of caster sugar. Whip for 1 minute, then pour in the remaining caster sugar. When the meringue has risen, add the lemon juice.
3. Add the icing sugar in three additions while continuing to mix.
4. Beat for another 5 minutes.
Cover a baking tray with baking paper and pour the meringue over it, forming a nice dome. Make a slight depression in the centre. Place in the oven for 1.5 hours.
5. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
THE WHIPPED CREAM
1. Whip the cream in a food processor until it thickens.
2. Add the mascarpone and pistachio paste and beat until smooth.
3. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
1. Wash, halve and pit the cherries.
2. Pour the pistachio cream over the centre of the meringue.
3. Arrange the cherries on top and sprinkle with the coarsely chopped pistachios.
Find out more recipes