INGREDIENTS (FOR 6 SERVINGS)
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 250g flour
- 125g cold butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoon of cold water
FOR THE FILLING:
- 40g almond powder
- 350g strawberries
- 150g rhubarb
- 40g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon Maïzena
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- brown sugar
- mint leaves
1. Sift the flour and then add the butter and salt.
2. Mix with your fingertips until you have a sandy mixture.
3. Make a hole in the centre of the mixture, add the egg yolk, water and sugar. Mix all the ingredients without overworking the dough. Then crush with the palm of your hand to amalgamate it. Form a ball, wrap in cling film, flatten the dough slightly and chill for at least 2 hours.
1. Clean the rhubarb branches, cut off the ends, then peel and cut into 3-4 cm sections.
2. Wash and quarter the strawberries.
3. Mix the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Leave to macerate for 20 minutes.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Roll out the pastry on a sheet of baking paper. Sprinkle with almond powder, leaving a 4 cm border.
2. Arrange the strawberry quarters and rhubarb sections on the pastry and fold the edge over the fruit.
3. Beat the egg yolk, brush the edge of the tart with a brush and sprinkle with brown sugar.
4. Slide the tart onto a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes. Leave to cool completely, arrange a few mint leaves and enjoy.
Find out all our recipes